It feels like ages since I do up a proper blog post that is wedding related. I’ve been so caught up with work lately, all I wanna do when I reach home is to lepak. I used to be able to hang out after work at Bugis but all that energy is almost totally consumed at work now. Or I guess I’m not as energetic as I used to be. 😫
So let’s see, with respect to the wedding, Alhamdulillah, I’ve booked and paid my deposits with most of my major vendors.
Caterer: P.uteri W.eddings Catering (PWC)
This is my parents’ vendor of choice. My mom, in particular. PWC is a bit on the pricey end of the spectrum for me but I decided to let my parents pick the caterer since most of the guests will be theirs anyways and I know they just want to have a proper function, what with me being the first child to get married and all. So I’ve attended weddings by P.uteri and thought that their spread was pretty good. I love that they have so many desserts! We also booked during the promotion – which means we got a free live station on top of the roti kirai and mee Soto ones. I’m thinking of getting the Vietnamese rolls station but we still have a lot of time to decide. Anyways, liaising with PWC was quite a breeze. They were open to coming over to our place for the meeting and transaction process and was very professional.
Decor: A.ngg.un Dec.or (AD)
Now, I’ve always dreamed of a dreamy wedding with fresh flowers and drapes aplenty. Which girl doesn’t? My shortlisted choices were RH, J.entayu, C.omelM.olek and AD and after looking through hundreds of pictures on IG and FB, and attending a few weddings by the different vendors, I finally decided on AD simply because of the drapes and fresh flowers. Kak N and Abang S were very friendly and they have so many ideas to share! Right now, I’m just wondering if I should get the open concept dais…
Z and I placed great importance on the photographer. In fact, it was the first thing we booked together. Initially we thought of saving and get one of those lower range photographers but after comparing all the photos, we realized how essential a good wedding photographer is. I’ve always liked photos captured by Dyn from N.af – always so dreamy and different from the conventional, cut and paste wedding shots. I managed to convince Z and he fell in love with the photos captured by Dyn as well. We booked the package with post wedding after doing up the calculations and comparing with other companies. Theirs was really value for money! In fact, we even managed to convince our friends to book them for their wedding hehe.😬
Bridal: Nawwar.ah Bridal
I’ve always liked PS but I knew my hips don’t lie and they won’t be able to fit into their Size 10 outfits. It was really frustrating that they had this size limit because UK12 is not even Plus Size! I was disappointed to say the least and even meddled with the thought of booking with FuzanaMokhtaza since I really love her designs (she quoted us really good prices!). Fate has it that one day I saw this promotion by NB- bookings made within 2015 will get customized outfits at no additional costs (not for keeps) since they are starting out and need to expand their collection. I’ve been following them for quite a while and really like their works and makeup, so apa lagi, I emailed them and asked for quotations. It was within our budget (did we have any at that point of time? Hahaha) so we decided to go ahead and book NB for our wedding. So excited!!!!
- Bridal Bouquet: Cher.riesmit.ten (booked them during their recent promotion because I am very greedy and want two bouquets for the wedding to match my different outfits HAHAHAHA)
- Photo booth: P.ixclique (I wanted photostrips but not many offer them or are way too expensive for me. I chanced upon P.ixclique one day and I was intrigued by their Photobooth (it’s a real booth, guys!!!) so decided to book them since they are rather affordable too.)
- Gubahan: E.yeSpyL.ove (We won’t be having that many dulangs but I also wanted my dulangs to match the theme of my decor. Bridezilla alert – I told Z I wanted the dulangs from the same vendor and said that I’ll take charge of the Dulang booking hahaha. I mean, the Dulang will be at my side for nikah, so it only makes sense that both the dulangs complement my theme, kan? Hahaha menyampah. Anyways, a dear friend of mine has been making wedding gift trays and I actually like how meticulous she is with them. It is of course without a doubt that I had to show her my support and book her for my wedding (but was greeted with a pleasant surprise, Alhamdulillah. Thank you, E.yespyl.ove!!!). So excited for this as well!
So yup, those are the vendors I have booked so far and I’m left with the following:
- Henna (booked and placed a deposit with Adornedsg!)
- Traditional live band
- Wedding cake
- Sireh junjung and bunga pahar
- Bunga rampai
- Berkat ( booked and placed a deposit with TWC for the custom chocolates in golden tin)
- Wedding cards (going to DIY for myself and Z!)
- Videographer – do we need this???
- Fabric bouquet (again, because I am greedy)
We also need to decide on what exactly we need to exchange to be placed on the wedding trays. So far, I’ve bought beautiful prayer mats and Al-Quran from Makkah for us but we can’t seem to agree on the other items for now. 😂
So yes, as you can see, I am pretty Kiasu when it comes to wedding planning. I’m not sure if it’s good that I’ve got mostly everything confirmed at such an early stage but I hope it will save me from all the panic later on. I am however quite Mata rambang and after making my deposits, I start to go cray cray for other vendors. Ah, we will never be thankful, will we?
Here’s hoping that everything will go well, inshaAllah!!